How contributions and earnings are credited

When you perform SAG-AFTRA covered work, employer contributions will be paid (and your earnings will be credited) to either the AFTRA Retirement Fund or the SAG-Producers Pension Plan. These earnings and contributions may help you earn a pension from one fund or the other. 

Which fund earnings and contributions are credited to depends on the collective bargaining agreement under which covered work is performed. While the SAG and AFTRA unions merged in 2012, the two retirement funds have remained separate.

Throughout our communications, "AFTRA-covered work" refers to SAG-AFTRA covered work that requires pension contributions to the AFTRA Retirement Fund. If you have questions about how your earnings and contributions are credited ― especially if you perform work for a new employer ― contact SAG-AFTRA's Contracts Division. For additional information, visit ("Contracts").