If you qualify for the Senior Citizen Health Program, you must enroll and pay timely quarterly premiums to be covered under the Senior Program. The current premiums are listed below. Also, note that you may pay your Health Plan premiums online. To learn more about how to qualify for individual or family coverage, visit the Qualification requirements page.
Premiums for Senior Citizen Health Program coverage
Premiums for Senior Program coverage are typically adjusted annually each Jan. 1, but Senior Program premiums did not change from 2014 to 2015. However, buy-up premiums (see the section below) increased April 1, 2015. 2014/2015 premiums for Senior Program coverage (effective beginning Jan. 1, 2014)
- Retiree only ... $166 per quarter (whether qualified for individual or family coverage)
- Retiree and legal spouse / domestic partner ... $484 per quarter (if qualified for family coverage)
- Retiree with children ... $484 per quarter (if qualified for family coverage)
- Full family ... $552 per quarter (if qualified for family coverage)
If you only qualify for individual coverage -- but not family coverage -- under the Senior Citizen Health Program , you may choose to "buy up" to family coverage by paying a buy-up premium, in addition to the individual "retiree only" premium, each quarter. Buy-up premiums are typically adjusted annually each April 1.
Current quarterly buy-up premiums for the Senior Program (effective April 1, 2015)
- Additional cost to cover one dependent ... $2,653 per quarter (plus the required individual "retiree only" premium listed above)
- Additional cost to cover two or more dependents ... $5,054 per quarter (plus the required individual "retiree only" premium listed above)
Concerned about paying your premiums?
Financial assistance and other resources are available to assist participants who qualify.